We are Open For Regular Dental Care
Dear valued patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. We are happy to announce that our office is open for all dental treatments including cleanings, emergencies, and full range of services.
We have received guidance from the Ontario Dental Association, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario to operate our clinic at a lesser capacity with increased health and safety measures including added personal protective equipment requirements for our staff and patients.
Due to the huge volume of requests for booking appointments, we will address them based on urgency. We are committed to taking care of all emergencies first so that we can get those patients feeling better as soon as possible. We will also be contacting patients who were scheduled in March and April to reschedule their appointments. If you haven’t heard from us in the coming weeks, please contact our office. However, please be advised that we are happy to accept new patients and booking new appointments for all dental services.
Health and safety
Our communities have been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our office’s commitment to your safety. During this time, we have implemented additional safety precautions to help protect our patients and staff.
At Opal Dental Care, we have always considered patient safety as our greatest priority. As in the past, we have employed the strictest infection procedures as mandated by Public Health and the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario. We will continue to use the most thorough disinfection and sterilization protocols which aim to kill all types viruses, bacteria and spores. We have also added more air purifiers from Surgically Clean Air® throughout our office and treatment rooms. We have made some changes to the decor of the office to ensure we minimize contact between patients.
We have added more infection control protocols to enhance the safety of all our patients and staff. We also created a policy to allow for social distancing in the office and achieve a safe environment. In this guide, we will highlight some of the changes we made to protect your health:
1) We will be pre-screening all patients to their appointment and again at the entrance to the office.
2) We will be taking temperature checks for patients and staff upon entry of the clinic.
3) We require that patients wear a cloth or disposable mask when entering our office and after the appointment when you are interacting with our front office team (we will have some available if needed)
4) We ask that you please use the hand sanitizer or wash hands when entering and before leaving the office.
5) We will be working on a reduced capacity to improve social distancing efforts and enhance the safety of staff and patients.
6) We will limit the number of patients in the practice area at any given time.
7) We have made provisions for appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all clinical and administrative staff, including masks for all team members; N95 (or equivalent) masks, face shields and gowns for the clinical team as required.
8) All other non treatment areas such as the reception area will also be continually monitored and disinfected frequently.
9) Daily temperature and symptoms check of all staff members.
10) Extra time has been scheduled between patients’ appointments to allow thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
We Are Looking Forward to Seeing You Soon!
The Staff at Opal Dental Care